Controller – Financial
Cavan Solutions is seeking candidates for a corporate finance/controller position in Washington DC. The candidate must be well versed in government contracting and have experience working with Quickbooks and the SpringAhead timekeeping application, or similar integrated systems used in Government Contracting. The ideal candidate will be team oriented, attentive to detail, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Primary Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
Support Director of Finance and Administration:
- Budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Process payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial transaction entries into the corporate accounting system.
- Develop and maintain financial and accounting policies, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements that are compliant with DCAA, FAR, CAS, and GAAP.
- Conduct monthly and end of year close to include journal entry preparation, general ledger review and maintenance, account reconciliation, and variance analysis.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute clean and efficient annual financials and support 401(k) benefit plan audits and other external audits and requests as necessary.
- Complete Federal and State tax reporting (including income, property, sales and use, payroll, and other local taxes), and insurance reports.
- Develop, maintain, and generate monthly corporate financial reports including P&L statements, balance sheets, cash flow analysis (e.g. 3-month look ahead), estimated to actual revenue and expense monthly, income statements, etc.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for internal financial controls and business practices.
- Develop, maintain, and report revenue projections, indirect rate variance and adjustment, and profit margin by task, contract, and overall corporation monthly
- Respond to inquiries from executives and senior managers with financial results, special reporting requests, and related projects.
Support Program and Task Managers:
- Manage contract funding and financial reporting including developing work estimates and task order cost proposals, tracking funds and coordinating funding modifications, and generating required contract financial reports.
- Develop contract cost summary reports and graphs depicting expenditures vs. funding and associated projections.
- Support profit and operating margin analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or another related field
- 5+ years of experience with government contracting
- Experience with DCAA compliance and development and management of a DCAA compliant accounting system (chart of accounts, reports, indirect rate calculations and variance).
- Strong government contracting experience handling all types of government contracts (Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus), revenue recognition, rate calculations, and financial and contract reporting.
- Extensive experience with Quickbooks required, including setup and maintenance of accounts, customers, and projects, and customized reports. Experience integrating with timekeeping systems a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and extensive experience with Excel to include the use of pivot tables, vlookups, and macros.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to meet tight deadlines, and work well under pressure and changing priorities.
- Excellent work habits including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Experience with FAA contracting and AMS preferred
Applicants should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org