Internship – TBFM Engineering/Operations Research
Develop a proof-of-concept database application for computing operational performance of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) Terminal Sequencing and Spacing (TSAS) decision support tool. This includes persisting the data in a team-accessible database and providing basic query tools for the data.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Integrate existing tools that acquire the necessary operational data and generate the TSAS performance metrics.
- Implement a proof-of-concept IT architecture and database schema to store the TSAS Metrics. This simplified implementation will be used to define the permanent implementation.
- Develop basic scripts to query the TSAS Metrics data based on date, time, and arrival runway. These scripts will demonstrate how Cavan engineers can access the database application.
- Migrate the proof-of-concept IT architecture to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and demonstrate accessibility by Cavan engineers. This cloud-based prototype will be used to determine acquisition strategy (cloud vs on-premises).
- Document work on the Confluence site and commit prototype software to the Bitbucket site.
- Linux, Shell Scripting, and SQL experience required
- Perl, Python, AWS, wiki tools, and git desired
- Working towards, or recently earned, engineering, computer science, operations research, mathematics, or physics degree
Applicants should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org